Sunday, March 21, 2010

Life is Delicious

Relaxing under the sweet shade of a palm tree in the center of the park in my little city of Rehovot, I feel that life cannot get any more perfect. Today I had a physical therapy appointment- my second one! I am improving. Thoughtfully, I decided to forgo returning to my Kibbutz straight away. Instead, I would enjoy a leisurely lunch with myself. I made my way to the market to grab some fresh cheese. Favoring my favorite cheese vendor, I happily requested a small container of fresh mozzarella balls and a bit of homemade tuna salad- the good kind with triangles of chopped hard boiled eggs and roasted red peppers. I said hello to my friend at the nut stand, he knows me well now. A nice man resting his chin in his hands stood behind the banana stall, turned to me and told me to please, take a banana, because I had beautiful eyes. How can you say no to that? What a delicious banana it was. Life is sweeter when you stop to notice it. I indulged on a shady hill in the park near the center of town and read an entire James Patterson book in one sitting.
While laying down in the park, observing love, children learning to ride bikes, romance blooming on spread out picnic blankets and workers rejuvenating- I cannot help but feel so blessed to be where I am in life. Sometimes I feel as though my life is one long poem; sometimes with rhymes, metaphors, love, a little mystery and a great plot but always, there is another line. Sometimes I look at a line that may not make sense if I focus on it, but when I let the stanza complete itself, nothing could be more beautiful. I love being in love with life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search My Blog