Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Marina 5.2

The next day was eventful. We woke up around 2 in the afternoon and Sayed informed us we would be going out on the boat. I grew up in Jupiter, Florida which obviously points out my affinity to anything with water- oceans, beaches, boats, pools. You name it. So here we are waiting on the end of a dock for the boat to pick us up; I am looking around this place and trying to take it all in. The water is the clear blue of south Croatia, like the sands of Italy, the condo's of Palm Beach and temperature of the Israeli coastline. His friend drives over to pick us up in his boat, all of them decked in Ray Bans and designer swimwear. So we all meet and do the usual introductions. We cruised along the coast and then out into the Med where we decided to swim around. Hossam tried to tell me there were Sharks, but I told him there aren't. (right?!?) Anyways we met up with some other friends who had this tube that looked like a floating McDonalds toy where you stick your legs through the back and your neck and arms through holes on the front where you hold onto the rope. Highly uncomfortable I was the only one who attempted it. The whole time I am yelling back to my friends on the boat and feeling like such a grandma because I am paranoid I'm going to snap my neck in this contraption! Turned out I was really bad at it.
The remainder of the day basically could be summed up into a boat party, loud music, back-flips off the boat, a sad attempt at tubing and a vibrant orange African sunset. African sunsets are my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search My Blog