Monday, May 10, 2010

7.

7 is a number many consider sacred. There are 7 physical properties, 7 types of natural disasters, 7 colors of the rainbow, 7 Wonders of the Ancient World, 7 days of creation, 7 deadly sins, 7 days of Pesach, 7 Heavens (in the Islamic faith) and 7 chakras. I have 7 days left in Israel. Only 7. So many of the amazing things in the world come in 7’s.
7: The amount of days left.
6: The number of holidays I was lucky enough to experience here. (Pesach, Independence Day, Holocaust Remembrance Day, Veteran’s Day, Purim, & Jerusalem Day!)
5: The number of amazing friends I met here who have changed my life and challenged me to be a better person.
4: The number of times I was mistaken for an Israeli celebrity named Roni Superstar.(Awful name, right?!?) I still don’t think I look like her. Thoughts?
3: The number of languages I am in love with. (Right now at least)
2: The number of religious revelations I have had while here.
1: The number of moments I regret.
I am bummed to be leaving Israel. I feel it is a place I will most definitely return to, maybe even live. It is one of the most inspiring places I have ever lived. I have learned so much about the history, culture and languages here but know that I have only touched the tip of the iceberg. I have so much respect, love and admiration for the Jewish people and am in awe of the perseverance and determination they faced for centuries in order to create their state. I will miss this trans-formative, inspirational place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search My Blog