Tuesday, February 14, 2012

International Day of Love

Today I regaled my new students (new semester=new students!) with the customs of an American Valentine's Day! I passed out conversation hearts and we translated all the slang terms like lol, luvU4eva and whaz up? I loved teaching these terms: (particularly because I had to act them all out, and the students almost died with laughter & some embarrassment)
  • to make a pass at
  • lovesick 
  • to propose
  • to fall for 
  • gifts
  • romantic gestures
So, of course, being the hopeless romantic that I am, I encouraged my students in class to write a letter to the person they love most. One of my students is engaged, and some have boyfriends or girlfriends, but most are single.  Here are some excerpts I found too cute not too share...

"Today February 14, is Valentine's Day. I love you. I was together endless you. I see only your eye. I open your eye to the sea. My love run together our way. Yours forever. I get real love you. I love you. See you my lover." 

"Hello my angel. February 14 today and today our day. I love you. I miss you angel. We are happy. We will marrie. I want to be decide. You are my everything. Are we missing? I want to you come."

"Hi my love. Valentine's is today and I love you so much. It is good that you exist. You are my life, our unity. My love is real. Because, I love you." 

It is days like today that the realization of just how universal everything is hits me hard. Love is love no matter where you go. Though customs may differ and expressions of this love change in every culture, in the end, we all want to love and be loved. So today, go love. Love the people in your life who you value most, and tell them how important they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search My Blog