Wednesday, February 17, 2010

HaYom Yom Revee-ee.

Last night, for Valentines Day the girls decided to indulge in a girls night and buy 4 different kinds of chocolate. We LOVED it. ☺ It was Ash’s birthday last night so we Nate built a bonfire and we all gathered around, listened to music, relaxed and got a little crazy.
I hurt my foot when I was running and now I must get x-rays. Which kind of stinks. They switched my job with Judy so I cleaned the general dorm area today; the bathrooms, kitchen and our living area (המואדון ). It was so exhilarated to clean. I can’t explain it- but it was almost theraputic,to clean our communal living area, to erase the grime and make it pristine for the rest of the people here. I was jamming with my headphones in, dancing with the mops and swishing the window wipers to my music. People would randomly walk in on me and laugh, but it made it so much more fun. I listened to Don’t Rain on My Parade and think that has officially become my theme song this week. Just saying. Right now I am listening to Christmas music! Random I suppose for February, but it makes me nostalgic of home and Jupiter First.
At the lunch hall today, the girls ate by ourselves and the huge boys table chowed into their food. {We are not separated by gender, it just so happens that is the way it is because of the amount of chairs.} I watched the people interact- (my favorite hobby) and witnessed budding relationships. There was an old couple sitting next to each other, and there was this moment when then locked us, squeezed hands and then continued talking with friends. It made me realize that that is the kind of love I want when I’m too old to wipe my own bottom. I saw workers exhausted but managing to keep a smile on their faces and relay the current events and politics of the Kibbutz. Then there are the little kids, cute as ever, who get their trays, line up with their little bowl of soup and crackers or little pile of food and sit down with their families.
Tonight everyone went to the bar and I am staying home. It was such a long day and I have so much catching up to do on my Hebrew/Arabic. Relaxing is so nice when you are alone. Its taken me 21 years to finally figure that. Relaxing is not being unproductive. It is relaxing.
Ali and I are officially invited to this family’s house for Shabbat dinner which I am really excited about- don’t know when yet, but I am looking forward to another Shabbat dinner.
Ali and I discussed today how excited we are to get off the Kibbutz on the weekends. It is definitely not that I don’t appreciate where I am, what I am learning and the seclusion it offers but getting outside to practice my Hebrew and absorb more of the cultural nuances is what I am truly interested in. Also, out program director doesn’t go out of his way to tell us about opportunities at the Kibbutz. We learned there are basketball games among the Kibbutzim that we can go watch, tennis lessons, horseback riding lessons and so much more! So we are going to jump into all of those exciting little lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search My Blog