Thursday, March 25, 2010

About A Year Ago

Reviewing past entries from my journal, I stumbled upon a specific entry that happened a little more than one year ago. It’s funny how time flies. It said...
“I finally figured out why sophomore year has been so tough. I’ve been trying to reconcile conflicting desires for months. Ever since I returned from Israel I’ve been having trouble readjusting to a life with limited traveling. I am happy, I know I am blessed but there is something missing; a challenge. Sometime that turns me on my head, forces me to question my existence, my surroundings and the essence of myself. I want to be in a new environment- scared, unsure, but ready for a new adventure.
I love life and all its beauty. Traveling makes me open my eyes to places, things and cultures I am unfamiliar with. Seeing Petra was mind-blowing, the most beautiful architecture in the Middle East. The Dead Sea, the Mediterranean at sunset. I love that life leaves me breathless, wanting more. Regardless, I had a realization today. Life is way too short to fight so hard. I finally joined my head and my heart and decided I am returning to the Middle East, ready to dive into the unknown.”
Diving deep- it's what I think I will always love.
Looking back to what seems like years ago, I realize that a) the most important thing in life is to follow your heart and b) this is absolutely what I am passionate about. This was an extremely difficult decision for me- to leave my family, friends, everything I was involved with and jump into what has become my life 'path' for lack of more appropriate term. I have been traveling since and not only has it become quite an expensive hobby, but my passion as well. I think it will be difficult for me now, not to experience another adventure, but rather to return to Gainesville. To go back now becomes the challenge.
Isn't it funny how life takes your challenges and turns them into the easy things. The things that were once easy become your new challenges. Recently, I have found this to be true with people in my life as well as general experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search My Blog