Saturday, April 10, 2010

A Chef Hat?

That’s right lovely ladies and gentlemen, yours truly is now a chef. Not just any chef, a top chef. Okay, maybe not a top chef, but I am a kitchen assistant now at my Kibbutz and enjoy it much more than my other job. The days are much longer, harder and messier, but I get to work with my hands. (which are now red and sore) Today, for two hours, I rocked out around 200 peppers. Wash, slice and dice! Boo-yah! We do a little of everything- from cooking, to cleaning, to preparing food, to get yelled at; all very real elements of any kitchen setting. Salads are my specialty- I handle a lot of vegetables. Then there are the meats which get butchered, cleaned, and then either breaded, fried or baked. Oh and we get free breakfast and lunch. Not a bad gig if you ask me. I hope I get to start doing more and more actual cooking as the Kibbutz progresses. And when I come home, I’m sure you all will want to taste some of my Israeli cooking. (Family, I am talking to you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search My Blog