Friday, April 9, 2010

Monotony

Most days here I am happy. But then there are days like these. We all have them. But being away from home, from my family has taken a wee bit of a toll on me. I haven’t had a stable life in almost 2 years and miss easy living. That sounds silly, but living abroad requires more effort carrying out day to day interactions- like going to the bank, asking for directions, reading labels --all in another language. Some days you just want your own kitchen with ingredients you don’t have to think about (like spices and flour and a cutting board) or you just want to have your car to drive and go grab a bite to eat all by yourself. But 9 times out of 10 it’s impossible. I know I’m blessed with all my adventures, don’t get me wrong. But today, It’s just an icky day. Meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search My Blog