Sunday, April 18, 2010

eeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing news is exciting to share. I am finally able to say that I am a scholarship recipient with the US State Department's Critical Language Scholarship this summer in Cairo, Egypt! Unfortunately, that means I am leaving Israel early in order to begin my program on time. We study Arabic intensively for 2 months in Egypt- so I will get to see my friends once again this summer and immerse myself back into Egyptian Arabic. It’s time to switch my brain back to Arabic. All these languages are actually starting to form a kind of organized system in my brain. What I mean, I think of my language acquisition stored in my brain like super market aisles. Each has there own section, but sometimes there’s a little overlap. You know, cheese in the refrigerated section but you can also find it in the aisles- but in a different form. Same thing with languages- different categories, but sometimes you’ll find variations or similarities with the same roots. Anyways, that is neither here nor there. Cairo, here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search My Blog