Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween in Turkey


Our Halloween spread

Our Scarecrow!
The girls
best pumpkin ever.


 We celebrated  Halloween by throwing a big bash, inviting all 12 of our Turkish friends, 1 Tunisian and a Belgian friend to our apartment for some good ole Halloween festivities. We carved a pumpkin, which are MUCH thicker than American pumpkins. It took us four hours to carve! 4 Hours! But, check it out. It looks pretty fierce. We made a delicious pumpkin dessert and roasted pumpkin seeds, in true American fashion. We made mud-pies, brain juice and a bunch of other spooky desserts :) We went out in search of Halloween costumes in Duzce and found HALLOWEEN NAPKINS! While this may seem trivial to you, you must put yourself in my shoes. I am living in a foreign country that doesn't celebrate Halloween, let alone know what it is. I find PUMPKIN NAPKINS in a tiny store in an already tiny town. We bought hats for everyone to wear, and some friends even dressed up! The party was a huge success. And not going to lie, I didn't miss seeing eight million girls dressed up like baby prostitutes.


all lit up :)
the group
sharing some laughs
Hundreds of bats in the sky
Sunset on Halloween- with bats flying...

Hilal and I




1 comment:

  1. It's just so sweet. I'm Turkish too, I wish we could celebrate Halloween too!

    ReplyDelete

Search My Blog