Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Bowling, Party of 5.

For our dear friend Victoria's birthday, we decided to surprise her by going bowling. Bowling is the "it" spot in Duzce, besides of course the Burger King. There really isn't much to do in the way of city life, we are more a country-minded people, relishing our waterfalls and great hiking and lakes. But for a birthday, our choices were movies, bowling or a restaurant. We decided to combine the later two. So we went out for the best Kofte (grilled beef) in Duzce, a little family owned restaurant where the only thing they make is kofte. You get kofte, grilled veggies, and a salad. That is literally all they serve but it is darn good. I mean mouth-waterin', finger-lickin' good. After devouring our meat, we headed over to the bowling alley to surprise Vic.
We arrived, and it was so appropriately named "Fun House" where we proceeded to have fun. There were 4 bowling lanes, and ping-pong tables with an area set up for tea and games. During our terribly amusing game of bowling we were lucky enough to listen to the musical stylings of Evanescence, Jay-Z and every other early 2000's songs you can think of. We jammed out, taught our friend Ahmet how to dance, and threw balls down the aisle, nearly cracking the floor. But hey, when I bowl, this is my trick. I throw the  ball and I get a strike. Towards the end of our game, the attendant gave us an extra two strikes each, we think because it was his way of boosting our confidence, or our future patronage. We then chowed down on cake and tea, while being surrounded by an "OK" tournament. "OK" is the Turkish version of our Gin-Rummy but with tiles. I think there is a similar game in America, but alas, I do not know the game. We then rode the children's machines...I squeezed into a baby space ship and apparently caught the attention of every person in that bowling alley, laughing as I got stuck inside and had to wiggle, rather ferociously to free myself. What a Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search My Blog